Horrific massacre in Kenya; Christians targeted


350 Still Unaccounted for

We can't help noticing that while Christians and other innocent people are being beheaded and machine-gunned in other countries on a daily basis, the lunatic Left in the United States is in a rage over the possibility that a pizza store in Indiana may not want to cater a gay wedding. Is it really possible that they can be so out of touch? 

From the Daily Mail

By Darren Boyle and Jenny Stanton

At least 70 people have been murdered by al-Shabaab terrorists after this morning's raid on Garissa University, the interior ministry has confirmed.  

The group raided the Garissa University campus shortly after 5am local time, overwhelming guards and shooting and beheading people they suspected of being a Christian.

Kenyan Interior Minister Joseph Nkaissery confirmed that 90 per cent of the terrorist threat had been eliminated, although 315 of the hostages are still unaccounted for. Four of the gunmen were killed by security forces.

One Kenyan policeman at the scene of the attack said six al-Shabaab fighters, from the original 10 that stormed the university campus, remain holed up inside, along with about 100 student hostages. 

Paramedics help a woman who was injured during the attack on the Garissa University campus yesterday.

Paramedics help a woman who was injured during the attack on the Garissa University campus yesterday.

The remaining terrorists have been cornered in one of the four remaining dormitories according to Kenyan security officials. 

A major operation has been launched in a bid to free the remaining hostages and 'neutralise' the terrorists. 

As well as the 70 fatalities, a further 79 people have been wounded. The attack is believed to be the worst terrorist attack on Kenyan soil since the bombing of the US Embassy in Nairobi in 1998 which killed more than 200 people.  

The terrorists stuck mid-way through Holy Week, the most solemn period in the Christian calendar. Tonight, the Christian students were planning to celebrate the Last Supper in preparation tomorrow for Good Friday.

They have also offered a $220,000 bounty for Mohammed Mohamud, known as Dulyadin, alias Gamadhere, who they suspect of masterminding the attack.

Kenyan intelligence officials believe that Mohamud is in charge of al-Shabaab's external operations against the country.

He is believed to have spent time teaching in a hard-line madrassa before becoming a senior member of the Somali terror organisation. 

He claimed responsiblity for an earlier attack in Makka, Kenya, on November 22, 2014, when 28 people were murdered.

Kenyan police chief Joseph Boinet announced that a curfew had been introduced a=from dusk to dawn - 6.30pm to 6.30am - for four regions near the Somalia border as a security precaution.

Student Omar Ibrahim told News24 Kenya: 'I was in a group that was saved by the KDF (Kenya Defence Forces) just after 1pm. 

A $220,000 reward has been posted for information leading to the capture of Mohamed Mohamud.

A $220,000 reward has been posted for information leading to the capture of Mohamed Mohamud.

'We saw many many bodies, some did not have heads. I don't know why someone would do such a thing.'

Eye-witness Collins Wetangula, the vice chairman of the student union, said he was preparing to take a shower when he heard gunshots coming from Tana dorm, which hosts both men and women, 150 yards away.

The campus has six dormitories and at least 887 students, he said.

He said that when he heard the gunshots he locked himself and three roommates in their room. 'All I could hear were footsteps and gunshots, nobody was screaming because they thought this would lead the gunmen to know where they are.

'The gunmen were saying sisi ni al-Shabaab (Swaihi for we are al-Shabaab).' 

Mr Wetangula said he could hear the gunmen interrogating fellow students hiding inside their rooms about their religion.

He said: 'If you were a Christian you were shot on the spot. With each blast of the gun I thought I was going to die.'

The gunmen started to shoot rapidly and it was as if there was an exchange of fire, he said.

'The next thing, we saw people in military uniform through the window of the back of our rooms who identified themselves as the Kenyan military.'

The soldiers took him and approximately 20 others to safety.

As they were running, al-Shabaab snipers on top of a three-storey building attempted to gun them down. 

He added: 'We started running and bullets were whizzing past our heads and the soldiers told us to dive.' 

Fellow student, Augustine Alanga, 21, described a panicked scene as gunshots rang out outside their dormitory.

He said he saw at least five heavily-armed terrorists wearing masks. 

He said: 'I am just now recovering from the pain as I injured myself while trying to escape. I was running barefoot.'

He told journalists he crossed barbed-wire fencing to escape the massacre.

Mr Alanga said any students attending morning prayers at the university's mosque at 5.30am were not attacked.

'We are finding it difficult to access the compound because some of the attackers are on top of a building and are firing at us whenever we try to gain entry.' 

A spokesman for al-Shabaab said it was claiming responsibility for the latest atrocity. 

Sheikh Abdiasis Abu Musab, al-Shabaab's 'military operations spokesman', said: 'We sorted people out and released the Muslims.

'There are many dead bodies of Christians inside the building. We are also holding many Christians alive. Fighting still goes on inside the college.'

He was a religious teacher in Garissa during the 1990s in a hard-line madrassa, delivering pro-jihadi sermons. 

His organisation has lost several men following some successes by Kenyan security forces, including the loss of his associate Sheikh Mohamed Ali Kheir. 

A security source claimed: 'He has become extremely offended by the latest counter-terrorism activities in Garissa and seeks to avenge these deaths.'

He is a fluent Arabic speaker and fled to Somalia in 2006. 

He regularly appeared on television attacking the Kenyan government and western authorities over their treatment of Muslims. 

In December 2012 the Kenyan National Security Intelligence service produced a report claiming that Mohamud was planning a series of terrorist attacks against the country. 

Now the Kenyan Government has offered a £220,000 reward for information leading to his capture.

Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta confirmed that a hostage situation had now developed between his men and the remaining gunmen, who are holding the students. 

Troops have so far cleared three of the four dormitories. 

President Kenyatta said he was going to fast-track the recruitment of 10,000 new police officers to tackle the al-Shabaab menace.  

Just last week, the Chief Security Officer at the University of Nairobi feared an attack was imminent and issued a security warning - but it is unclear whether the same information was relayed to Garissa officials. 

Grace Kai, a student at the Garissa Teachers Training College near the university, said there had been warnings that an attack in the town could be imminent.

'Some strangers had been spotted in Garissa town and were suspected to be terrorists,' she told Reuters.

'Then on Monday our college principal told us... that strangers had been spotted in our college. 

'On Tuesday we were released to go home, and our college closed, but the campus remained in session, and now they have been attacked.'


Published on by Admin. Source.