A 33-year-old man, Adam Robert Laird, has been arrested after making bomb threats to nine churches in Royal Oak, a suburb of Detroit.
The churches received the bomb threats on Friday via email. The FBI has launched a criminal investigation.
The incident follows on the heels of a person who set fire to a church altar at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in St. Clair, Michigan earlier in the week.
Dan Jones wrote, “My in-laws church in St Clair had the altar set on far in the middle of the night and now this!”
The churches who reported receiving the bomb threats were:
- First Congregational Church 1314 Northwood St.
- Mary’s Catholic Church 730 S. Lafayette
- Calvary Christian Church 2203 E. Eleven Mile
- Unity of Royal Oak 2500
- Crooks Central Oaks Church 2005 Rochester
- Royal Oak First Methodist Church 320 W. Seventh
- Woodside Bible Church 3620 Rochester
- Starr Presbyterian Church 1717 W. Thirteen Mile
- St. John Episcopal Church 26998 Woodward
“Threats, persecution and hatred of our faith demands that Christians learn to become warriors for Christ and defend that faith,” said Martin Mawyer, president of Christian Action Network and author of “You Are Chosen! Prepare to Triumph in a Fallen World.”
Click here if you prefer to order through Amazon.
Become a warrior for Christ and put on the full armor of God. Be victorious in a fallen world and triumph over God’s enemies. Find out why Christ said, "You Are Chosen!"