Conservative journalist stabbed in back during Portland protests

Andrew Duncomb (pictured) was knifed in the back during a protest in Portland last weekend in what he claims was a targeted attack because he's a conservative journalist

Another vocal black supporter of President Donald Trump has been attacked with lethal force, this time during protests in downtown Portland.

Andrew Duncomb, 25, was stabbed while he was out filming footage of protests at the Mark O. Hatfield federal courthouse early on the morning of July 25. The videographer claims he was targeted because of his conservative activism.

On July 23 Bernell Trammell, another black Trump supporter in Milwaukee, was shot to death in broad daylight in front of his publishing business.

Duncomb told OregonLive he had traveled to the scene from Northern California because he wanted to capture a more complete view of the story than what has been portrayed by the mainstream media. Coverage over the past several weeks has shown federal riot personnel aggressively using tear gas and pepper spray on protesters who have repeatedly tried to break through barriers surrounding the courthouse. Duncomb explained that his goal was to show that it wasn’t just the federal troops creating the problem.

Under the handle “Black Rebel”, Duncomb has built an online following with his videos of demonstrations and other political events. He said he thinks people familiar with his work, which often involves staunch support of conservative causes, had tipped activists that he would be at the Portland protest. 

He said that he and his companions noticed a group of people trailing them early that morning. After proceeding several blocks with the people still following, Duncomb said he gave his camera to a friend and confronted one of the men in the group.

“Hey buddy, why are you following us?” Duncomb says as he approaches the man from behind and places his arm around the man. A moment later the man can be seen stabbing a knife into Duncomb’s lower back without saying a word as Duncomb falls backward and cries out.

He was taken to a hospital, where he learned the thrust had missed his spinal cord by inches. 

The alleged attacker, identified in court records as Blake David Hampe, 43, has been arrested and charged with second-degree assault and unlawful use of a weapon. He is being held on $250,000 bond.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here